Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Right Cup



I do love a good cup of coffee. It is one of the little something’s I look forward too. We, like most who enjoy a good coffee have stopped drinking instant and gone the way of purchasing, firstly a Coffee Plunger or French Press and then a domestic Espresso Machine. We have tended to buy Espresso Machines in the lower end of the price bracket, and they have been good for a time. However, they do wear out and it is cheaper to replace them than repair. It may not be cost effective and it does add to the landfill issue so when we replace our kitchen we will be looking to invest in a better quality unit – possibly built in.
Anyway, our recent Coffee Machine purchase on ebay was just not doing it for me. A regular latte’ was too weak, when using a smaller cup there wasn’t enough coffee and too much froth. So I stopped using it, until I found the perfect cup. It was an Op Shop (Thrift Shop) find. Not wanting to overspend on Christmas decorations I was scouring the local Op Shops for a little something when I spied these beautiful (to me) coffee cups with saucers. The trend has been to steer away from cups and saucers and lean towards mugs. But these are robust and perfect because the cup is off centre on the saucer leaving room for a little something on the side. Now we or should I say hubby makes double shot latte’s that are perfect every time. Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment